Wednesday, January 6, 2016

To New Year's Resolutions




It's a mix between depressing and refreshing as the holiday season comes to an end and people begin to create lists and goals of ways to better themselves for the upcoming year. It's exciting to have a fresh and new year ahead, but it always bums me out when the Christmas decorations get put away and I stop hearing Christmas music everywhere I go. Nevertheless, time continues and a new year starts. 

I spent this past New Year's Eve with some of my best friends, who happen to be a couple (aka I third-wheeled)! We went to our favorite dumpling joint, Din Tai Fung, and waited a solid hour and a half to enjoy their delicious juicy pork dumplings, chicken fried noodles, vegetarian fried rice, and vegetable and pork spicy wontons. If you haven't been to Din Tai Fung, I highly recommend it. Expect a ridiculous wait, but I promise it's worth it!!! Post food, we went to my home where we watched Office reruns, drank Martinellis, and made what turned out to be a really good dessert of angel's food cake, mixed berries, and cool whip! It was a great and relaxing way to start the New Year!




Something I notice a lot is that I constantly hear people bagging on the New Year's Resolutions of others, claiming that they will be broken within weeks, if not days. I don't really understand this. It is not our job to judge the validity of each other's New Year's Resolutions and have a pessimistic attitude that they will not be achieved. What we should be doing is encouraging those around us and reminding them of all the reasons they initially wanted to achieve those resolutions!

As far as your own personal resolutions, my greatest suggestion is to compile a list of goals! Write them down, review them frequently, and don't give up on yourself! Even if you falter, you can always get back on track! 

A few of my less personal and general resolutions this year are:
1. Live each day to the fullest and don't count time down, despite how much I miss Alex!
2. Get out of my going to bed late and sleeping in late mode! I hate more than anything feeling like I've wasted my day!!
3. STOP procrastinating on the computer! Get done what I need to get done and don't waste time!

2015 was full of challenges, but also full of triumphs! I am beyond grateful for the year I had, the friends I made, the amount I grew, and the things I achieved. I am so excited for 2016 and all that it holds - a semester abroad in London, the return of Alex, and an opportunity to grow so much more! Here's to a new year and a new adventure!

<33Bren


No comments:

Post a Comment