Sunday, January 17, 2016

London Calling!


Tomorrow, I am leaving on the trip of a lifetime and I couldn't be more excited (and completely terrified)! I am heading to London, where I will be spending my entire semester, aka the next three months. I'll be exploring the city and other parts of Europe too, adapting to a new culture, hopefully seeing a lot of shows, and I guess finding some time to take my classes too (just kidding, school is important and of course I'll be taking my classes)!! 

As I prepare to head out on the trip, I am filled with a lot of emotion. The good news is that for the most part, I am so incredibly excited for what's ahead! But I am also scared - scared for the uncertainty of a new place, the unavoidable homesickness that I know will hit, and the dreaded flight. I completely hate flying with all of my heart! Thank goodness I will have my bff to travel with and hold my hand when the flight gets too turbulent. Because I am weird/crazy/paranoid, there are a few quirky travelling essentials I have and a few must-haves for the plane and beyond. 

So, here are my travelling tips for the average crazy person:
*Emergen-zzzz because you know it’s about to be a looong and terrifying plane ride, so I might as well prep to fall asleep! I tested this stuff last night and it worked wonders. I put the power packet into about 6oz of water, drank it, and after about 30 minutes, I was dead ready to sleep. It’s all natural and has melatonin in it, but also helps the immune system! I know it’ll be a life-saver for the plane and for being jet-lagged when I arrive in London.
*Reed’s Ginger Chews! Travelling makes me very nervous and so do new places! But these ginger chews are great for digestion and taste soo good! Plus – it’s always smart to have these on hand for random stomach aches/nausea!!
*Compression Socks are killer to avoid dizziness on planes!
*Hand Lotion and Chapstick because being on a plane makes my already extremely dry hands even drier!
*A Cute Travel Journal, so I can write record all of my experiences and look back on it in years to come!
*Pocket Travel Guides (strictly for plane and apartment room use)! I won’t let myself be seen in public with this because I will look like waaaay too much of a tourist! But it’ll be super handy for being in a new city!
*Neck Pillow, so I don’t feel completely horrible post plane ride!
*All the actually normal things: clothes, toiletries, 3 month medicine supplies, etc!!!

I am so excited for the incredible opportunity and learning experience that awaits me! 

Here's to stepping out of comfort zones and taking new adventures! Wish me luck on the flight tomorrow!

<3Bren

No comments:

Post a Comment