Friday, March 25, 2016

The Guide to Colorful Houses!!

Something I have come to discover about Europe thus far is that there are lots of small, quaint towns with super colorful houses! I LOVE it. The rows of homes in pastel colors add such character to towns, and plus, they are the perfect opportunity for pictures, especially on a sunny day.

So, here are my favorite places that I have seen colorful homes so far. PS - there might be more to come because we are going to Cinque Terre in a few weeks and rumor has it, it is very colorful there. But this is what I have for now.:)

*The Infamous Homes of Nottinghill (LONDON)*
Morgan and I knew from the get go that hitting Nottinghill was a must. However, we wanted to make sure we saved it for a perfect, sunny day! So, we waited until that day came. SO worth the wait. We walked around the Kensington area and Nottinghill for probably four-ish hours, soaking in the sun, admiring the cherry blossoms, walking through every street with a hint of color, and hitting the boutique shops. I was discouraged at first when we arrived at the Nottinghill Gate tube station because I did not immediately know where we were supposed to go to find these pretty houses. I had seen them in countless pictures from others, but it's always that struggle of actually figuring out where the heck we are supposed to go. So we just wandered, and trust me, you will end up coming across a ton of beautiful houses!







*Chelsea/King's Road Area (LONDON)*
One day, Morgan and I were shopping in one of our favorite areas, King's Road, when we came across this random street with beautiful houses. It was honestly completely unexpected, we weren't seeking anything other than the Free People and Anthropologie at the end of the street, but this was such a fun find! Also King's Road is the bomb and Kate Middleton casually shops at the Lululemon there(v angry we missed her there a few weeks ago), so I suggest going there and taking a pit stop to see these lovely homes.


*Sneem Village (IRELAND)*
On the Ring of Kerry Tour in Ireland, one of the stops was at a small village called Sneem filled with ice cream shops, restaurants, and local boutiques. I think it would have been WAYY cooler in the summer, because we were there in the middle of February and it was freezing and everything was closed. Nevertheless, it was still quite pretty.:')

*Aberystwyth (WALES)*
Walking along the seafront of Aberystwyth, I couldn't not snap a pic of these pretty homes!! And the fact they were on the water made it even more beautiful!

So, if you're ever in London, Wales, or Ireland, or possibly Cinque Terre too (I'll keep ya posted on that in a few weeks) and are on the hunt for colorful houses, I gotchu covered.:')

<3Bren

No comments:

Post a Comment