Sunday, March 6, 2016

Here, NOT there!

I think one of the greatest challenges about being abroad is to not let yourself get caught up in life at home (well, at least for me). It's soo easy to do so - it's right in front of me every single time I get on any form of social media! I can't help but feel a little jealous as I watch the business fraternity I am a part of go through their spring rush process, see pictures from every sorority event that I am missing, hear the stories of the events going on at Chapman - the opening of the Musco center, skit, concerts, etc -, and hear about all that happens at my actual home in Seattle!!

And that might sound snobby because obviously being abroad is a huge privilege, believe me, I completely understand that! And I am very very glad/lucky/blessed to be here. But these feelings still happen. And I think that's completely normal, well at least I think.

So, here's my outlook on dealing with this!

Enjoy exactly where you are, abroad, at home, at school, wherever it may be!

because while I sometimes get envious of what's going on at school or at home, people at home might be envious of what's going on with me here.

but the reality is, no matter where you are, no place will ever be perfect, no matter how perfect it may look on the outside.

and chances are, the people and places you feel tinges of jealousy for might feel the exact same way about you!

I think as humans, it can be really hard for us to feel content exactly where we are. We're always longing for something different or something more. However, the more we have that outlook, the more we will feel that way! And who wants to feel that way?!

So, here's to me trying not to get caught up in the things I miss or wish I could be apart of, but instead being happy for all my peeps at home and school doing what they are doing and embracing exactly where I am and what I'm doing!

Wishing all a good week from London! Happy Sunday. :)

<3Bren


1 comment: