Tuesday, March 1, 2016

Amazing Amsterdam!!

I just got back from the most amazing excursion and I am sooo excited to share all about it because I loved it so much and there is just so much to share! 

A Weekend in Amsterdam!!!

*Left on Sunday morning waaaay too early for our own good and hopped on the 45 minute wonderfully quick flight to Amsterdam! We stayed until Tuesday and again, left waaaay too early in the morning to head back to London. It was a perfect two days!*

*Perk 1 of Amsterdam is the fact that the airport is convenient to the city center and just requires a simple 20 minute, cheap bus ride to the central area of the museum.

*We checked into our hostel. Side note - this was my first time ever staying at a hostel and I was a little nervous.. Morgan and I did book a private room though because there was absolutely no way I could do a multi-person dorm, but the hostel we chose was amazing! To anyone looking to travel to Amsterdam on a budget, I strongly recommend the Hostel Van Gogh! It was clean, nice, Van Gogh/artsy themed, and in the absolute perfect location! Plus, it was voted as one of the top 20 coolest hostels in Europe!!

*Perk 2 of Amsterdam - EVERYTHING is walkable! It is soo easy to get around. From our hostel, we could walk two minutes to get to the City Center, where the Van Gogh, Rjiks, and Stedelijk Museum are, as well as the IAMSTERDAM letters! If we walked two minutes in another direction, we could get to luxurious, super high end shops! And within 15 minutes, we could get to the 9 streets, Anne Frank House, Tulip Museum, and Cheese Museum! 

Okay, in case anyone is wondering, here are my musts for Amsterdam!

*The 9 Streets: The canals run through the streets and they are beautiful! The 9 Streets are filled with independent boutique shops, and are a great place to walk around!!

*Classic Tourist Move, but the IAMSTERDAM sign: There were a lot of people there and it was kind of annoying to get a pic, but still worth it!:)

*One of the three art museums: Van Gogh, Rjiks, or Stedelijk! I did Van Gogh and it was awesome, but I think any of the three would be equally great. Also - the area around the museums is a super open park/field area that is great to walk around in, especially during the sunny weekend we had!



*Ice Bakery: This bakery is completely amazing and delicious and by Nutella, so everything there is Nutella themed and wonderful! Morgan and I got the strawberry nutella crepes!


*Anne Frank House: I promise the line is soo worth the wait. This museum is such a worthwhile and enriching experience that really helped widened my perspective. (no pics were allowed, so I have none to share of the museum)

*The Tulip and Cheese Museums: These are right next to each other and they are quick and fun stops!! Plus, the Cheese Museum is free and literally has samples of every single type of Gouda and they are amazing. Very worthwhile, less touristy, and fun stops!


Overall, Amsterdam far surpassed any of my expectations! The city just had such a great feel and is so quaint. I loved how walkable everything was, how much there was to do, and just everything about it! I can't  say that enough and I am so excited to go back in the future!!

Thanks for reading!!

<3Bren

No comments:

Post a Comment