Wednesday, February 3, 2016

The Rumors Aren’t True – Food in London is Great!

Before I left for London, I had always heard that the food isn’t that great and it has no comparison to places like Italy, France, Greece, etc.! I came to London keeping that in mind and anticipating fairly mediocre food!

I am happy to say that thus far, those rumors can be dispelled! I have had great experiences with food in London. I guess perhaps when people said that the food wasn’t that great, they probably just meant traditional English food like shepherd’s pie or fish and chips. But, the food that I have had has been really great and there has not been a single meal out that I haven’t enjoyed. Plus, we don’t have an abundance of money and everywhere we’ve gone has been delicious and affordable.

So, from my two and a half weeks here so far, these have been my favorite places to eat!

Pret: (they are EVERYWHERE here, literally) – it’s like the Starbucks of London. But they have a delicious kale, cauliflower mac & cheese.

Cereal Killer Café: Super famous, amazing, totally worth it place on the artsy Brick Lane! The café was equally as artsy as its location, but also super cute! There are 100’s of cereal options to choose from, any type of milk you could possibly imagine, and countless different toppings! I got jif peanut butter cereal, vanilla milk, strawberries, and oreo crumbs! Couldn’t recommend this place enough, such a great concept!

Ben’s Cookies: Great recommendation from my fabulous big, Holly! These cookies are amazing!!! Soft, flavorful and so many different kinds. I got peanut butter chocolate and Morgan got white chocolate macadamia nut!

Kimchee: This udon in sweet soy sauce is amazing! We’ve already been to this place twice!


Orangery at Kensington Palace: We enjoyed our first afternoon tea here and it was actually really good (most pricey place we’ve been, but it’s all part of the experience)! The 26 pound per person tea came with loose leaf teas (I got the herbal lemon and ginger), lots of mini sandwiches, traditional English scones, and a good amount of miniature desserts. Plus, Will and Kate were right around the corner from us!;)


Zizzi: Italian food near Covent Garden – such a good place! It was a freezing afternoon, so warm Italian food was perfect. I got a pizza with a pesto base, mozzarella, goat cheese, spinach, butternut squash, caramelized onions, and pine nuts! It was everything I could possibly want in a pizza! Morgan landed on a ham, cheese, chicken, mushroom calzone! I’m not a fan of mushrooms, but other than that, it was great!

The Spaghetti House: These are a low-key chain here, but they make a killer avocado bruschetta!

The Real Greek: Really good place, in a really random location (at a mall haha)! But the Greek food was super authentic. 


So as wannabe food critics, here is our take on food in London! It has been a great second week in this awesome city, and I am so looking forward to all that is to come and more cool places to try! And I promise to try some traditional English food too!:)

<3Bren

No comments:

Post a Comment